Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All the Best Cowboys Have Mommy Issues

Elisabeth Sarnoff and Jim Galasso know their pop culture.
Nice to see how cop Jim gets from Indy to Bullit to Little House…
I would have expected to find some Deadwood DVD boxes in his condo somewhere, next to Watership Down. I will not repeat myself about LOST B, but with only 8 weeks to go I am still convinced that what we see is the happy ending and the result of the actions happening in LOST PRIME right now. And I hope I'm wrong. (The only question I have about LOST B this week is… why did we have to see Charlies brother?) And very Sawyer, to smash the Mirror of the Week™

So after 5 seasons of heros with daddy issues, here comes the kicker: Smokeys mother was crazy! Now all we have to do is look up the list of greek deitys with mother issues, and we know the name of our favorite ManInBlack. And maybe we throw in a couple of Pharaohs, for good measure. So maybe Jacob was Imhotep, and Smokey was Djoser. But that is just a wild guess. But it was touching to see Locke opening up to Kate, and how honest he was about Sawyers mission to Hydra, and manipulating Claire. Of course he is the main suspect for killing all these Ajira 316 passengers. Which leads us to sweet innocent Zoe. Widmore never stops to amaze me with his hand for henchgirls in sexy eyeware. Must be a british thing. Her guys with guns strangely reminded me of Bram and his folks. Good to see that they thought of bringing a sonic fence with them, maybe that works better than rings of ash. And the secret weapon, stashed away in that U-Boot locker. Maybe some cases of McCutcheon, or our laddy Desmond Hume. I still wonder who will get shot by Juliet from that outrigger race… right now my guess is poor Zoe.

1 comment:

  1. Well about smashing mirrors, generally it is representative of fragmentation, but I think that here, in season 6, it is the opposite. The destruction of mirrors seems to be an affirmation of self, of oneness….the destruction of the divide. In odre to become a whole your have to create a void (Linus digging his own grave for example).
    Charlie’s bruv is just stitching for another episode…And yes, sexy eyeware is a Brit thing ;)

    ReplyDelete